Careers At Optik Security
Help Us Solve the Big Problems
Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
Why Work At Optik Security
Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t — advanced attacks that have never been seen before — and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team; in collaboration with the product owners and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We’re GCP hosted and are working hard to automate away as much of the reactive and tedious aspects of development as possible. We have a nice Scrum approach and look to improve with each sprint.
- Work with product stakeholders to identify new product opportunities, new features on existing products, and improve existing features in data driven product focused ways.
- Help build, train, and maintain machine learning and statistical models and corpuses at the heart of our business.
- Help cross functional groups access, visualize, and explain company data.
- Work closely with Data Engineering teams to implement new ideas in performant and stable implementations.
- Work with stakeholders to identify new product opportunities, new features on existing products, and improve existing features in data driven product focused ways.
- Quickly assess the potential benefit of projects to help prioritize what to spend engineering energy and time on.
- Use existing tools and packages where possible, build and invent new ones where not.
- Help measure and summarize efficacy and product impact.
Your Keys to Success
- Strong problem solving skills and comfort with applied math and statistics
- Familiar with at least one programming language suited for data science – python preferred.
- Experience with at least one ml/stats tool – R, scikit-learn, etc
- Practical experience building and nurturing predictive/analytic products
- Experience with several ML techniques and their real world advantages and disadvantages
- Experience with data architectures – RDBMS, NoSQL, Streaming, etc
- Degree in applied science with several years experience in production data science
- Some practical experience with a distributed computing platform
Apply for this Job
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Optik Security are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.