OPTIK SECURITY, INC.
Last Updated January 1st, 2020
At Optik Security, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
We require that all researchers:
- E-mail your findings to security -at- optiksecurity.com. Encrypt your findings using our PGP key to prevent this critical information from falling into the wrong hands.
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people’s data.
- Perform research only within the scope set out below.
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved.
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
The following applications are within the scope:
- Our corporate website (https://www.optiksecurity.com)
- Our web application (https://app.optiksecurity.com)
- Our API (https://api.optiksecurity.com)
Any discovered vulnerabilities in applications that we use (e.g. chat, monitoring, mailing systems) are much appreciated but may have to be fixed by our supplier. We will happily forward any discovered vulnerability to our suppliers, but we cannot guarantee that they will give a reward for your effort.
Out of scope:
- Vulnerabilities that affect users with outdated browsers and/or platforms;
- Self- or Flash-based XSS;
- Vulnerabilities that require a DoS attack;
- Physical or social engineering attacks;
- No SPF/DKIM/DMARC in non-email domains/subdomains
- Attacks requiring direct (physical) access to a victims device;
- Missing security-related HTTP headers which do not lead directly to a vulnerability.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 3 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission,
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem,
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise), and
- As a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we consider to offer a reward for every report of a security problem that was not yet known to us. The possible reward will be determined based on the severity of the leak and the quality of the report.
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.